What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D arrow effect.

panoalto

Hi,

Can anyone give some hints or point me to a tutorial for making something like this: -
arrow_thing.jpg
I only actually want to have one ring and wider but if I can just get the basic concept from somewhere, I should be able to figure the rest out.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

hi panoalto welcome to the forums

I will recommend using the pen tool to design the basic shape, then create a selection off the paths and fill it whit a linear gradient +180 degrees.

grab a circular soft brush whit 25-30 opacity and paint the shadows wherever is needed, u can use dodge and burn also

U can use layer styles to add more effects like inner glow, bevel and emboss, satin, etc.

I Found you a quick tutorial on how to paint and object, simulating a shiny 3d
effect

Glossy Scarf / Banner

" it's on a banner but same method apply "

I
Hope this helps.

Actually, if you know CorelDraw, you can create a vector arrow, export as an AI to Photoshop and with the various selection tools, color and texture each part.

there is a psd thread of these arrows somewhere? Yutosi put it out here I'm pretty sure

Many thanks for the tips and comments.

In particular, could I ask "Colleague" how your image was formed? That is almost exactly what I want but just a bit wider. With your permission, I suppose I could just select and transform your image to my spec but that wouldn't teach me anything new. Unfortunately I only have CS3 so if it requires something only available in CS5, I'm a bit stumped. I loaded the CS4 trial when that came out but my laptop started to glow!

I also don't have any Coral applications but thanks anyway.

Regards,
Chris

I made it in photoshop CS5 and started with the arrow in 2d
arrow.png

then I created a 3d mesh and the ring was made in 3D

ls-3DTreeCylinderMenu.jpg

I rotated the ring a bit and adapted the light so it came mainly from 1 light

I don't know if you can do it with CS4

Back