What's new

3D 3D TubeWorld spacecraft

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Just like Chrisdesign I am a total newbie in PS 3D.
The few hours I could spend on exercising made it clear I have a long way to go.
Just as an exercise and not willing to use mesh presets I started to 'create' a 3D model of the spacecraft GAIA used in the contest # 32.
I had to add the rods on the side afterwards. I will work on that, and it is just as an exercise.
This is just to show I'm still alive and kicking.

3D Gaia.jpg

:cool2:

inkpad.t

Guru
I'm trying to incorporate 3d into my art work as well, I did find however that Photoshop is very frustrating with its 3d capabilities, that's why i use other software to do the 3d, i might try Photoshop again soon but at the minute using another software that i am learning fairly quickly. I like your work but I didn't get that far .

gedstar

Guru
Nice work Eggy
Just trying to get my head around PS 3D myself, so far it's been a head wrecking experience :shocked:I'm sure it will be easier the more I learn, at least I hope so.

Ged

gedstar

Guru
Hi Chris

That's amazingly good. although I have 1 slight issue, for me the house at the top on the right hand side doesn't blend in very well you can see the straight line if you know what I mean

Untitled.jpg

Otherwise it's seriously good! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'm trying to incorporate 3d into my art work as well, I did find however that Photoshop is very frustrating with its 3d capabilities, that's why i use other software to do the 3d, i might try Photoshop again soon but at the minute using another software that i am learning fairly quickly. I like your work but I didn't get that far .
The 3D possibilities in PS are just an aid for some quite simple manipulations.
Real 3D is only possible with a specific program.

peta62

Guru
That's amazingly good. although I have 1 slight issue, for me the house at the top on the right hand side doesn't blend in very well you can see the straight line if you know what I mean
Could it be end of the picture ? Blending would not such a straight line I think.

gedstar

Guru
Thank you all for the positive comments.

By the way Chris, the idea for the TubeWorld challenge came from this:

View attachment 61060

Here's how they made it it in PS and 3dsMax: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRNxPckby9c
(The world in PS and the astronaut in 3dsMax)
Notice that the 'texture' of the world is placed in parts and warped. No 3D texture is used.

I remember seeing that video after you posted the challenge, couldn't think of what to do and done a google search and that appeared. Pretty amazing how it was created

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I remember seeing that video after you posted the challenge, couldn't think of what to do and done a google search and that appeared. Pretty amazing how it was created
Yes and because I wasn't participating in that challenge I was messing around with the polar coordinates filter stretching and deforming my 'landscape' and thinking 'I have to go 3D'.
Obviously not!