What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3D TubeWorld spacecraft

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Just like Chrisdesign I am a total newbie in PS 3D.
The few hours I could spend on exercising made it clear I have a long way to go.
Just as an exercise and not willing to use mesh presets I started to 'create' a 3D model of the spacecraft GAIA used in the contest # 32.
I had to add the rods on the side afterwards. I will work on that, and it is just as an exercise.
This is just to show I'm still alive and kicking.

3D Gaia.jpg

:cool2:

thebestcpu

Guru
Well Eggy, you may be a newbie to 3D yet I am a nobie in 3D. Looks very impressive and cool to me!

inkpad.t

Guru
I'm trying to incorporate 3d into my art work as well, I did find however that Photoshop is very frustrating with its 3d capabilities, that's why i use other software to do the 3d, i might try Photoshop again soon but at the minute using another software that i am learning fairly quickly. I like your work but I didn't get that far .

gedstar

Guru
Nice work Eggy
Just trying to get my head around PS 3D myself, so far it's been a head wrecking experience :shocked:I'm sure it will be easier the more I learn, at least I hope so.

Ged

Wow... this is great work Eggy! Looks very cool.

I thought about that challenge on the weekend, and how much easier it could have been to make some nice Tube images with a little 3D knowledge.
I gave it a try, and well, I might as well post it here.

TubeWorld Supplement1700.jpg

gedstar

Guru
Hi Chris

That's amazingly good. although I have 1 slight issue, for me the house at the top on the right hand side doesn't blend in very well you can see the straight line if you know what I mean

Untitled.jpg

Otherwise it's seriously good! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'm trying to incorporate 3d into my art work as well, I did find however that Photoshop is very frustrating with its 3d capabilities, that's why i use other software to do the 3d, i might try Photoshop again soon but at the minute using another software that i am learning fairly quickly. I like your work but I didn't get that far .

The 3D possibilities in PS are just an aid for some quite simple manipulations.
Real 3D is only possible with a specific program.

peta62

Guru
That's amazingly good. although I have 1 slight issue, for me the house at the top on the right hand side doesn't blend in very well you can see the straight line if you know what I mean

Could it be end of the picture ? Blending would not such a straight line I think.

gedstar

Guru
Thank you all for the positive comments.

By the way Chris, the idea for the TubeWorld challenge came from this:

View attachment 61060

Here's how they made it it in PS and 3dsMax: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRNxPckby9c
(The world in PS and the astronaut in 3dsMax)
Notice that the 'texture' of the world is placed in parts and warped. No 3D texture is used.

I remember seeing that video after you posted the challenge, couldn't think of what to do and done a google search and that appeared. Pretty amazing how it was created

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I remember seeing that video after you posted the challenge, couldn't think of what to do and done a google search and that appeared. Pretty amazing how it was created

Yes and because I wasn't participating in that challenge I was messing around with the polar coordinates filter stretching and deforming my 'landscape' and thinking 'I have to go 3D'.
Obviously not!

Hi Chris

View attachment 61046

Otherwise it's seriously good! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment gedstar...I think it's the end of the picture.