What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little clean up?

Angela Hamrick

Can Someone Please clean this up for me? It's for a logo and I'm new to photoshop. It's kind of making me angry. little help please?

TOPSHELF.jpg

gedstar

Guru
Hi Angela and welcome to PSG

It would be a big help if you could explain what it is you need help with

Angela Hamrick

If you can see the picture there, the blades on the shears are all messy, and the corners of the glass are cut off. It's just messy.

gedstar

Guru
It's not exactly the same and it's not perfect but here you go

Sign.jpg

Last edited:

Jerry D

Power User
gedstar

Did you run this thru Illustrator? I tried but couldn't get it right. Could the orginal image be a mix of raster and vector?

gedstar

Guru
No I just redone it in PS with the pen tool, could have done a better job but I'm in work so didn't really have the time to spent on it

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I looked it up (the used images) and of course they were of different size and quality but all bitmaps, eg the jagged edges...
I stil think any logo should be made in Illustrator or CorelDraw.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I'm not even considering correcting a traced image like this. That would take days so AI or CorelDraw from the beginning.

Jerry D

Power User
Could you take each raster image, trace it at the original size, enlarge as a vector image as needed, and then put them together?
Just curious.....:runaway:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I think making the logo from scratch in AI or CorelDraw would be a fraction of the time needed to correct the trace.