What's new

Adobe Camera Raw cancel button and validation dialog box

ouananiche

On one of my computer, whenever I hit the cancel button in Camera Raw I get the «Cancel all changes, including changes to non-selected images?» dialog box. So, at least, I can save my work if I hit the button by mistake.

However, on my other computer I get no dialog box when I hit the cancel buttoin or espace key, resulting in the lost of all my work... Not very funny.

I've checked in the preferences but I don't se anywhere I can fix this...

Thanks for helping!

Tom Mann

Guru
One question: Are you running the same version of ACR on both computers?

Unfortunately, I only have two of the most recent versions of PS / ACR installed on this computer, so I can't tell if Adobe added the warning recently. However, FWIW, I don't recall seeing that warning until fairly recently. OTOH, I *rarely* ever have more than one image open at a time in ACR. If I need to make ACR-like changes to multiple files, I always use LR, not ACR. It's non-destructive editing in LR, and one can generate, group, and otherwise manage ACR presets vastly better in LR than in ACR.

Tom M

ouananiche

Thanks for your reply Tom. Yes I'm running 8.8.0 on both computer. One is in French and the other one is in English though. I really thought that CR was non-destructive too?