What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Certification Exam

ElizabethM

I am a self taught Photoshop user who still is learning more and more about the software everyday. But I'm planning to take the Adobe Certifcation Exam soon and I was wondering, when/how do you know you're ready?

There's no typical classes to take, it really is just all about knowing the software inside and out right? So my question to anybody who has taken the exam: What should I except when taking the exam? Is it more about the knowledge of the software or actually designing something ect.

Help, I'm slightly freaking out here. Hahaha :eek:

revnart

Power User
Last edited:

ElizabethM

I wanted to create same thread for several days :) I'm also always wanted to have certificate.. not to find a job.. but to test my skills :)

I have never tested this but maybe this can be useful:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Home-Education/Adobe-Photoshop-CS4-ACE-Exam-Aid.shtml

there was quiz on psdtutsplus but since they changed their site I cant find it :/

Edit:
found this:
http://www.graphicmania.net/category/resources/adobe-exams-4/

Thanks for the links, I'll definitely check it out! Just going for the second link you sent me showed me I am so not ready for the test yet! I haven't remembered remembered those kind of video feature details. Ahhhh.

Good luck when you eventually take the test if you do though! :D

revnart

Power User
The exam is more about deep knowledge about the program itself, panels, tools and so on.. Not about your designing skill, taste, or your workflow and quality of your works. So you can expect detailed questions about tools that you never needed or used for a year :) as far as I know of course :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
ElizabethM Why are you planning on taking the exam? Is it a requirement of a job that your applying for?

Go to this Adobe page and choose CS6 or CC, download the PDF, and it will give you an outline of the exam.

ElizabethM

The exam is more about deep knowledge about the program itself, panels, tools and so on.. Not about your designing skill, taste, or your workflow and quality of your works. So you can expect detailed questions about tools that you never needed or used for a year :) as far as I know of course :)

Haha that's pretty much how I saw it, I'll probably have to take a lot of those test exams just to see if I remember the tools. I mean, yes I know the function of it but you might know them in a different term than the technical term. :p

@ElizabethM Why are you planning on taking the exam? Is it a requirement of a job that your applying for?
Go to this Adobe page and choose CS6 or CC, download the PDF, and it will give you an outline of the exam.

I'm planning to take the exam for myself, just to gain a certificate in something that I love. I'll read through somemore of the Adobe page though, thanks! :)

New

ElizabethM

Haha that's pretty much how I saw it, I'll probably have to take a lot of those test exams just to see if I remember the tools. I mean, yes I know the function of it but you might know them in a different term than the technical term. :p

@IamSam, I'm just taking the exam for myself. To gain a certificate in something that I love. But thanks for the tip, I'll look into the site again. Has anybody here actually taken the exam? Haha

ElizabethM

Hi Elizabeth

You could check out here, I'm sure there's people there that have taken the exam.
https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop
Chris Cox is there quite a lot and I'm sure he would be able to help you and in case you never heard of him
http://www.chriscox.org/Resume.html

P.S. Photoshopguru's is a wonderful site and there's plenty of people to help you here :)

Hello gedstar!

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out right away. Chris Cox? Never heard of him but whoa that's one hell of an impressive resume! Haha If he can help me, I'd be enternally grateful.

Omg yes, I love Photoshopguru already. It's literally heaven sent all the help I've recieved in just my short time here. You guys are awesome!