What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Amateur] Some trouble with Photoshop

Tony42

Hello everybody,

my computer isn't with me for the moment but a friend lent me his laptop, and yesterday I installed Photoshop (that was really long) and now I try to be used to its functioning.

But I have two questions, please : someone recommended me to download the filter Topaz Clean, I did it and I installed it but I don't find it in Photoshop, and either in "filters",
somebody would know why? Or is it a bug?

And if someday, we decided to buy the paying version of photoshop, where we have to enter the activation code?

gedstar

Guru
Question 1

Topaz Clean filter should show up here
Untitled.jpg

Try this, not sure if your on Windows or a MAC
Windows

1. Exit out of all Photoshop applications
  2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Topaz Labs
  3. Depending on which plugin you are trying to copy, you will see a folder structure similar to this: Topaz Labs\Topaz Adjust 5\Plugins_x64
  4. In another window open up C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-ins
  5. Drag/copy the Topaz shortcuts (eg. topazadjust5ps_x64.8bf) to the Photoshop CC 2015 Plug-Ins folder
  6. Re-open Photoshop CC 2015 and your Topaz Labs filters should be in the filter menu.

*If using 32-bit CC, copy the plugin shortcuts from the 32-bit Plug-ins folder to 32-bit CC Plug-ins folder. The 32-bit CC is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC

Mac

2. Open Finder, and go to Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Topaz Labs/
  3. Depending on which plugin you are trying to copy, you will see a folder structure similar to this: Topaz Labs/Adjust 5/Plugins
  4. In another Finder window, go to Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Plug-ins
  5. Drag/copy the Topaz shortcuts (eg. Topaz_adjust5.plugin) to the Photoshop CC 2015 Plug-Ins folder
  6. Re-open Photoshop CC 2015 and your Topaz Labs filters should now be in the filter menu

Question 2

If you sign up to the Creative Cloud you do not need an activation code, you just sign in with your Adobe Account
If you purchase CS6 you will be given a serial number to activate, be careful if you go this route to make sure you buy it from a reputable source!! e.g. Adobe and not EBay

Tony42

Topaz Clean filter should show up here

2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Topaz Labs
  3. Depending on which plugin you are trying to copy, you will see a folder structure similar to this: Topaz Labs\Topaz Adjust 5\Plugins_x64
  4. In another window open up C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-ins
  5. Drag/copy the Topaz shortcuts (eg. topazadjust5ps_x64.8bf) to the Photoshop CC 2015 Plug-Ins folder
  6. Re-open Photoshop CC 2015 and your Topaz Labs filters should be in the filter menu.

Tony42

did someone know where I can find "Topaz Denoise 3" please?

I only have denoise 5 and I can't find the 3.

gedstar = "If you sign up to the Creative Cloud you do not need an activation code, you just sign in with your Adobe Account"

seriously? because everytime I open Photoshop, it said "29 days left", and when that will be 0 I would be too sad to can't use it anymore.

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
"seriously? because everytime I open Photoshop, it said "29 days left", and when that will be 0 I would be too sad to can't use it anymore."
That's because your on a trial version! you need up sign and pay a subscription to the creative cloud

Tom Mann

Guru
Also, why do you want to go back two versions, ie, from v.5 to v.3?

I've only seen continual and relatively minor improvements in that software, no deleted functionality and no reason I would want to go back to an earlier version.

Tom M

Tony42

because it seems that v3 gives another texture than v5 (that I want to try or compare), but don't rush to quick in deduction, if it's not possible to find it, I won't do it, no problem.

Tom Mann

Guru
I'm not sure where you got that information, Tony, but I have never seen any significant differences between them. That being said, there are many adjustments available in both v.3 and v.5, and the adjustable parameters are different in the two versions. This could easily mislead someone into thinking that they produce different results.

Below is a GIF animation that illustrates the similarity in results produced between the two versions. I started with a simulation of real film grain (Imagenomic "Realgrain") and used settings in Topaz deNoise that produced about the same amount of NR in both versions.

HTH,

Tom M

Topaz_deNoise3_vs_5-ps02a_for_GIF.gif