What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Animation

Alexandria

Thanks, I know that and have also seen those links but I was wondering if anyone could gives me details on hos this animation was done. I tried a few times but didn't come close to this effect, also timing I couldn't figure out. One picture shows twice, its like 3 frames. Anyway, could not figure this out :(

Tom Mann

Guru
The version you posted is so small and dark, it's almost impossible to accurately see what's going on. By any chance, do you have a larger version for us to work from?

Tom M

Alexandria

No, sorry ... unfortunately I don't :(

I made a video with larger black background, maybe this makes things more clearer

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Because it's small, it's difficult to say what was applied on frames 2 and 4..... either BLUR or any of the filters in PIXELATE or even whether the resolution was lowered in certain frames to account for the pixel effect. I don't think any of the frame images in the animation timeline was nudged even a bit. But I can only experiment on these a bit later as I have to go out a bit....

But in the last frame, the brightness values of the image within the border was raised a bit. This layer/frame could have been the original image...... thus you re-engineer backwards - lower the brightness, and so on....

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

What effect?

There are 5 frames in this .gif

This is one,
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 7.44.23 PM.png

two,
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 7.45.26 PM.png

three,
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 7.45.34 PM.png

four,
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 7.45.43 PM.png

and five.
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 7.45.51 PM.png

What effect? You need to be more precise please.

You do realize you can open the gif in Photoshop , then open the timeline panel and view the gif yourself? Timing and everything.
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 7.52.22 PM.png

Also in the layers Panel.
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 7.55.22 PM.png

Alexandria

Yes, I do realize that now ... duh ..... I kept importing video frames to layers and kept getting an error. All is good, thanks again :)