What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody want to design a personal logo for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronclark

Hey there,

Just seeing if anybody would like to mock up some designs for a personal logo for myself?

I can happily make one myself; I've just got a pretty busy couple of weeks.

I won't be able to offer any pay; although am more than happy for the designs to be used towards your portfolio work.

If anybody is interested; send me an message and I'll PM you the details.

Thanks
Aaron

Last edited:
I'll see if I can help

"I won't be able to offer any pay"... You refuse to pay anything and then you say you'll "allow" someone to use their own work. Wow that's big of you. Give me a break, everyone is capable of paying something, if they want to.

"I won't be able to offer any pay"... You refuse to pay anything and then you say you'll "allow" someone to use their own work. Wow that's big of you. Give me a break, everyone is capable of paying something, if they want to.

Fair enough. I thought that sounded wrong after I wrote it.

I'm just offering the opportunity to anybody who has nothing to do and is a good way to improve their skills, widen their portfolio and get some feedback on their work.

Ouch, lets be a little less harsh on the kid, after all, you get what you pay for. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

free 'professional-style' logo.. oh brother

Don't be Silly, Bridge comes with Ps just build another one!:mrgreen::rofl:

You mean he might not give the chance to work for free for him? Oh no, what have I done? LOL

NO, I mean he may not be who you think he is. He may just like your work so much that he tells all his friends, and you may have more work then you know what to do with. Now I'm going to be honest with you. You've already destroyed your chances with him, and keep this conversation going can and will destroy any future work. Look before you leap. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

First you said you get what you pay for, indicating that for free you don't get much. Now it seems your saying I should do it for free and do a first class job on the off-chance he will tell all his friends about it. His friends of course will not expect it for free, even though he paid nothing, they'll be willing to pay.

Just for the record I've done a lot of freebies over the years, and all it ever got me was the same people coming back and asking for more. Not once has a freebie brought me $1 worth of business. But yet I have had many repeat paying customers, go figure.

I think he's just a guy looking for something for nothing, I could be wrong, but I'm going roll the dice and risk destroying my big chance despite your warning.

First you said you get what you pay for, indicating that for free you don't get much. Now it seems your saying I should do it for free and do a first class job on the off-chance he will tell all his friends about it. His friends of course will not expect it for free, even though he paid nothing, they'll be willing to pay.

Just for the record I've done a lot of freebies over the years, and all it ever got me was the same people coming back and asking for more. Not once has a freebie brought me $1 worth of business. But yet I have had many repeat paying customers, go figure.

I think he's just a guy looking for something for nothing, I could be wrong, but I'm going roll the dice and risk destroying my big chance despite your warning.

Actually what I'm saying is, my guess is he is of the younger generation then you and me. He wants big things but has nothing to offer in exchange. We being the more experienced and who was once in his shoes should have some compassion for him. You seem to think that your time is only worth that all mighty buck. But you will find that your compassion will win over your greed every time. Try being less aggressive towards those who don't have the experience you do. That's all I'm saying. I also want to apologize to aaronclark for hijacking his post.

lol...If I have available time - I usually paint my nails, makes some designs my portfolio is missing, file my nails, visit family, buff my nails, sleep... you get the picture. My Free time is used for me only (selfish I know), so in short my free time is not for freebies!

This thread is going way off track here, carry on the subject in a thread meant for such discussion.

OK guys.

Deep breaths all around and lets stay on topic.
Arron's request was poorly worded but his request is the topic.

If anyone wants to help him out for free go ahead, if not, just walk away.
Thanks for your cooperation. :)

Edit:
OK girls too, I see a lady has joined in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back