What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone have a tutorial on changing light sources?

moochachanyc

i have a photo of a man shot with very flat neutral light and a woman shot with an intense spotlight above and to the left of her. put together it's obvious they weren't shot at the same time. how can i make him look like he was standing in the same lighting? almost anything i do looks painted and false. anyone do this successfully? before and afters?

thanks!
moo

Try Filter|Render|Lighting Effects.
Start with the spotlight and see what happens.
Use the filter on a copied layer of the man then play with the opacity.

Without seeing the images that's my best guess.

i have a photo of a man shot with very flat neutral light and a woman shot with an intense spotlight above and to the left of her. put together it's obvious they weren't shot at the same time. how can i make him look like he was standing in the same lighting? almost anything i do looks painted and false. anyone do this successfully? before and afters?

thanks!
moo

A member here "Luna" sent me this link a couple of days ago. I think it´s great for this.

Manipulation Secrets 3 – Shading and Lighting

Back