What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blending colours - running out of ideas!

sidismycat

Hello,

I'm having trouble finding the best way to blend colours together in a photo. They aren't the normal 'block' like colours (they are water), and all the blending tutorials I've seen so far only really cover simple blends. I've been using the clone tool to try and blend one into another, but this has made the resulting area look quite fuzzy, and you can still see the area where the colours meet.

I've also selected the darker area, lightened it and then used the clone tool - this gives better results, but it can still look fuzzy. I'm not worried about the darker colours staying 'true', I'd just like to get rid of the stark line between the two!

I've attached a pic of part of the original image below - if anyone has any new ideas on what I can do that would be fab. I've ran out of ideas, and slightly the will to live! Hope the attachment works!

Blend.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Anna, try this method of uploading images......

ImageUploadIcon.jpg

ImageUploadIcon_02.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My rule is that you use whatever tools you need in order to accomplish the effect you desire. Don't get stuck on one tool and remember, each tool has a variety of settings.

Here, with about 2 mins of work, I used the Clone Stamp Tool to soften the edges.

I lowered the flow of the tool to about 6% and obtained a softer, less harsh cloning. Sample often.
Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 10.28.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 10.28.48 AM.png

I would also use the Brush Tool, the Smudge Tool, and the Blur Tool if I really wanted to blend it better.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great job Chris!

How did you do it?

Maybe this screenshot will help.
I made a selection with the lasso tool of 2 parts in the image, feathered the selection with 40 pixel and put each one on a layer.
Enlarged both layers 120%. They now overlap the OP's original background image.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-09-02 um 21.53.05.png