What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone help me clean this old copy up?

pk1023

Hey All, I am not a graphics expert by far. I specialize in .NET code and well frankly my design skills are nill. I think pages with just text are great!

Anywho, I have this old photocopy of something I need to turn into a poster for a Christmas present for my folks.

Could someone clean this image up and remove all the copy artifacts that have seeped in?

Thanks!
JerseyParkFarm.png

It seem to be for a commercial project and should therefore have been posted in the freelance sector together with the fee offered.

It has so bad quality that shouldn't be used not just for commercial but even for personal needs.
And result anyway would be awfull. And, of course, there is no way turning that to poster.

I didn't want to post this but i will, why not just redo it in word?

yes, that was my first thought as well. But if you want to point at for example; 50 years in business & still going, then the original has a superior value in comparison to a new copy.

Then redo a new one in word then ask us to age it maybe?

Yeah i get that senior, but why not just do a copy in word using that font etc?

But when they don´t want a remake then it has to be due to nostalgic reasons. At least I can´t see any other point with it.

I agree with you also, but this is a single piece of paper with black letters on it.
Oh ok i will shut up, i am tired now going to lay my head on a soft pillow.

I agree with you also, but this is a single piece of paper with black letters on it.
Oh ok i will shut up, i am tired now going to lay my head on a soft pillow.

sleep tight buddy!

Yes, the idea is this was found as a "copy" in a folder in the Indiana room at the local library.

It's a flier prepared sometime around 1908 or so. It's for a old hotel that was run from a residence directly behind my parents house. The library has a folder of related documents to the hotel and residence from 1874 till 1920.

I found this in the folder. I thought I would prepare it for printing and frame it as a gift to my folks who love the old site.

I just wanted the copy artifacts cleaned up and the corners removed so it'd like good printed at 8.5 by 11 size in a frame.

If you'd like to know more:
Visit to New Albany Floyd County Library site and click on the Indiana Room department and the A Fine House link, it's called Jersey Park.

I played in this house and barn as a kid, my boys (4 and 6) love to go back to what's left of the old barn and pick up the bricks in their words "To get the cows to come back"

So, yeah, typing it into Word and reprinting it would kinda ruin it. As for it being a commercial project, uhmm okay.

It seem to be for a commercial project and should therefore have been posted in the freelance sector together with the fee offered.

Huh?

This seems to be just a request for an "old photocopy of something I need to turn into a poster for a Christmas present for my folks"

Am I missing something here?

Huh?

This seems to be just a request for an "old photocopy of something I need to turn into a poster for a Christmas present for my folks"

Am I missing something here?

You know what Steve, I haven't been on this forum very long but somehow I think I remember reading that exact same post.

Back