What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Content aware fill

r010159

Hello again out there!

In a tutorial, I am learning how to use the content aware fill by selecting the Fill menu item from the edit menu. I first have to select the part that needs to be filled in this way. I use the polygon selection tool to select this area, which includes selection boundaries outside the image. When I am done, only the part within the image itself looks selected instead of all the boundaries outside of the image. When I go to the Edit menu, the Fill menu item is disabled.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Hi Bob

Do you have a link to the tutorial and can you post a screenshot showing the image and layers panel

Hi Bob (aka r010159)

Gedstar's advice will bring clarity to your question so that is a good approach.

In guessing about your issue (I had the same problem before), if you are using the polygon tool to define a selection and the points you select are outside the image as well as some inside the (aka the canvas size), then when you close the polygon, the selection is limited to the original boundaries of the image edges. If you are trying to create a selection outside the original boundary edges, you should increase the canvas size first with the Image > Canvas option. You can also do this with the Crop tool and expand the crop outside the original image boundary as well.

If these suggestion do not help with your issue, then more details per gedstar's post would really help.

Back