What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a small logo for a facebook ad

OL9

Hi,

I'm trying to create a real simple logo for a facebook ad for our local shop, it has to be 110 x 80 and I'm encountering problems when scaling. My logo is only a black background with 2 lines of text (Helvetica) in red & white, when I load it to FB it looks awful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Stuart

I'm slightly embarresed because its not even a logo, but my thinking was 'less is more'

The image below is a copy of the picture from facebook
facebook.jpg

and this is a screen grab of what it actually looks like on FB
facebook_4.jpg
I loaded a photo up to check and it retained the sharpness when scaled down.

Attachments

• facebook_2.jpg
    facebook_2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 17
  • facebook_3.jpg
    facebook_3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 17
Hi OL9

- I think it could be the resolution, when creating the document you may have set you document resolution too low.
- try saving for web and devices, choose jpg, setting high quality and optimized.
- if that doesn't work, try creating your graphic once more, but this time when using the type tool make sure, that you set the anti aliasing method to crisp or sharp.

is this picture designed to be the profile picture or the banner across the top of the page

then make the picture bigger than the specifications and when you upload it to facebook it will resize it automatically

Back