What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating an image in a fingerprint using the fingerprint's lines

deadtrees

Hi, I'm trying to figure out a way to make the already existing lines in a fingerprint conform to an image. The only way I could figure out was with displacment maps, but it didn't really do the trick.

Can anyone think of a way to accomplish this?

Do you mean just a finger print texture or do you want an image on a finger tip

if it is just like this you want then get your image and an image of a finger print set the fingerprint blending mode to linear dodge and create a clipping mask
any other thing your after will be harder you can try your displacement maps etc but I think they will be very fiddly and a lot of work
finger emma.jpg

I don't mean blending, I mean more along the lines of a way to bend the ridges to conform to a picture. There are naturally occuring pictures in fingerprints like smiley faces and question marks, but I was hoping to take it to a new level and do something a little more elaborate and with a little more automation than having to go and manipulate every ridge individually.

Sounds to me like you would need to hand-draw that (meaning hand-draw on the computer).

If you have Illustrator, you might be able to do that fairly easily. I designed a logo for a website
where I hand drew fingerprint lines, tracing over an actual fingerprint image. You could trace, and
then just change the lines to create the image you want.

Agent

Back