What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creatng a 3d cracked border around a logo/image

BonaFide

Attachments

• cracked twitter 200 x 200.png
    cracked twitter 200 x 200.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Cracked-Twitter-Logo-psd47658.png
    Cracked-Twitter-Logo-psd47658.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 19
Hi BonaFide

Is this the effect your trying to create
Untitled.jpg

If it is all I done was create the shape with the Pen Tool. right clicked on the Path to make a selection. Filled the selection with the desired color, copied the selection to a new layer and added a Bevel and Emboss layer style. you'll need to play around with the settings to get the desired effect
You can see the settings I used to create the effect in the attached image

Last edited:
Hi Gedstar

That is very much what I am looking to do, However, I created a layer over the logo, drew the shape with the pen tool, but cannot replicate the Bevel and Emboss step.

Sorry I misread your post

OK on the logo layer make a selection with the Pen Tool and again right click the Path to make a selection and hit Ctrl + Shift + I to invert the selection, hit the delete key and then add the Bevel and Emboss Layer Style to the logo layer
Bevel.jpg

Last edited:
3d-cracked-border.jpg
I just made it through PenTool and PS blending option. First I'm using pen tool to draw something like that. By the way, then I made drop shadow... Oh another thing is that I created its thickness through duplicate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for the belated response.

Thank you Gedstar. I was able to do something very similar (although my "artistic hand" leaves a little to be desired.....)

That looks great Bijutoha14. Would love to create the thickness, but I think it is above my pay grade :)

Once one has completed the outlne with the blending, is it possible to amend the shape afterwards? It keeps creating new workpaths when I try.

If it is not obvious already, I am a complete Noob at this......... :)

Last edited:

Back