What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crisp & Cleanup Image

Maverick0312

Is it possible to crisp and cleanup the image to remove the pixelation . I'm trying to carve this logo into wood (Second Image). If you look closely at the carved image. The lettering is fuzzy and the spacing is all grainy which requires lots of sanding. Is it also doable to remove the black shading on the lettering.

Thanks for any help,
Mathew.

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 6
  • dtr-logo.jpg
    dtr-logo.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 8

GreenManiac

Hi Mathew,

Is this what you wanted? Please let me know if you would like any other changes.

dtr-logo_01.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Maverick0312 -

The reason for all the ringing and the edge staircase artifacts is that you started from a low quality, low resolution JPG. The original was only ~1000 px wide, so I cleaned it up a bit and up-rez'ed it to 3000px wide. Download my higher resolution tweaked version by double-clicking on the low quality, highly compressed, artifact-ridden, in-forum preview and download the full rez version. Load that image into your software and see if it is any better.

I presume you are asking for our help because you can't access the original of this image, which almost certainly was done at much higher resolution, and was saved in a better format, perhaps, , eg, *.psd, *.tif, or even vector, e.g., *.ai, *.pdf, *.ps, etc. If any of those files happen to be available, I would *strongly* advise you to use it instead of an after-the-fact fix, such as we are providing.

HTH,

Tom M

PS - GreenManiac - I presume you further decreased the resolution to only 700px wide so that the in-forum display would look better. However, further decreasing the size of the OP's image from 1000 px is absolutely the last thing the OP needs. If you ever run into this situation, feel free to post images on this forum up to 3500 px, and just caution the OP to be sure to use the full rez version (which they can access by double-clicking on the in-forum preview).

Attachments

• dtr-logo-tjm01-ps01a-02.jpg
    dtr-logo-tjm01-ps01a-02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

GreenManiac

@Tom Mann -
Noted.
I was actually not aware that you have to double-click on the in-forum preview to get the full rez image. Thank you for informing me.
I actually would never decrease the original size of a pic.