What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dark yellow shadows

songbird

I don't know how to lighten these dark yellow shadows by the faces and in the hair of the brunette girl on the left. I've tried shadows/highlights and other lightening tools, but I can't get them to look real and a lot lighter.

Attachments

• IMG_8165 Melody, Josh & Melissa hi.jpg
    IMG_8165 Melody, Josh & Melissa hi.jpg
    861.9 KB · Views: 6
Try cloning a similar area instead. Make sure you zoom in and work in small steps and make your brush size smaller if you want to work in more detaill.

The best way to clone is this:

- select the clone tool
- set the option marked in the screenshot to All Layers
- add a new empty layer on top of your photo
- start cloning on that new layer

What happens is that all your edits will be added to this new layer, without affecting the original. Now if you make a mistake, you simply grab the eraser, delete your mistake on this layer and continue with the cloning.

This method is way more flexible than working on a copy of the original image. Lots of tools have this option. When you use the spot healing brush it's called Sample All Layers.

Attachments

• clone.jpg
    clone.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 11

Back