What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you think that the company name on the logo is too long?

huntbeachapp

Hey! I tried to make a logo for appliance repair website . I am new to designing and have no prior knowledge of it. I was wondering if you can give me some advice on how to improve the logo. Thank you!finalfinal.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Based on the website, their name is "Appliance repair Huntington Beach", so I think that your logo name is bit off.

I hope your not using Photoshop for this project and if you are be sure and use Ps's' shape tools. You should be using Ai.

Remember, we all have our opinions and they rarely match.

Let's take a look at the graphics..........if you were to place just the graphic portion of this logo in front of 20 people in a room, what kind of business would they say this logo represents?
Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 9.35.25 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was wondering if you can give me some advice on how to improve the logo. Thank you!
I guess my best advice at his point would be to do some fundamental research into what a good logo design should represent.

Here's a Google search on the matter: https://www.google.com/#q=What+should+a+logo+represent

Next as mentioned above, if you only have access to Ps, then learn how to use the shape tools.

I can tell by looking at your logo that your not using shape tools.
The lines on all the shapes are not crisp and straight.
(Also, your not working large enough)
Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 9.55.34 AM.png

Otherwise, if you have the means, you should be using Ai to create logos with.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi huntbeachapp

IamSam's advice is spot on.

Specifically to the question in your title on lettering with the logo, just make sure you try out the logo everywhere it will be used. If this is on a letterhead of on the side of a repair truck, you want potential clients to be able to easily read the text. It the logo becomes more universally known and identified with the company, the text eventually may not be needed.

As it stands, the logo/text would need to be pretty big for the words to be easily read at a glace and that may not work well for all applications.

In addition to what IamSam indicated, you should look at the logos of similar service providers/competitors and see what they use. When I just ran a quick Google search for appliance repair logos, most of them caught my eye right away and pretty catchy. Hope you don't take this personally, yet the one you are showing seems a bit "ho hum."

Here is a google link: https://www.google.com/search?q=log...WKwtzNAhWHWSYKHR5kCa0QsAQISA&biw=1440&bih=798