What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonfly extraction request...

Ric Millen

Hi Gurus - a friend asked me to use my (limited) Photoshop skills to remove the background from this picture of a dragonfly...

I think you'll agree this is a pretty difficult (impossible?) task, but I would be grateful if any of you amazing Photoshop gurus can do something to maybe fade/blur the background to make the dragonfly and flower more prominent? Make it stand out from the background? Picture taken with an iPhone.

This is my first post, first request to this forum but it looks a fun place to hang out and maybe I can help people with some of the simpler tasks!? We'll see...

Thanks

Ric

dragonfly.JPG

GreenManiac

Hi Ric Millen

Is this ok? I just made the background black&white.
It would be very difficult or at least very time consuming to remove the background behind the dragonfly's wings (For me that is).

dragonfly_2.png