What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad to be on board...

Gary1926

Hi Out there...
Been working with Photoshop since its inception. Trust I will learn a lot more by reading and digging into all that has been said from the beginning of this site. Glad to be on board. Good news. Have one for the books. Need help from a learned Guru. Need to help out a friend who has CS3 Extended. Hope someone with experience will be able to contact me so I may direct the answer ASAP for my friend.

Here' to the future,
GBackground layer with brush.jpg

P.S. Question me this... How do you remove the brush from the Background. It looks like this every time the program opens. Need to know step by step to correct this please for a 78 year old. Thanx.

Hello and welcome to PSG.

As for your question, right click in the Layers Panel (white arrow) and choose "Medium Thumbnails".

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 11.37.19 PM copy.png

Have one for the books. Need help from a learned Guru. Need to help out a friend who has CS3 Extended. Hope someone with experience will be able to contact me so I may direct the answer ASAP for my friend.

Is this a different problem than the one you posted above? If so, just post your problem in the general photoshop board, and someone will help you out.

Hi,

Thanks for the kind welcome. Thank you for solving what apparently is the first of two problems. I spoke to the guy and he followed your comment to change the thumbnails. That got rid of the brush. Home Run! Thanks. Now, as for his apparent second problem (he has a method of altering this program without know it), when he attempts to type in the new window, he does the following: Command "N" opens the window. Goes to "T" to select type. Taps the mouse in approximate area where he wants to type. Only the small square black box shows up, there is no cursor line blinking. He can move the box around anywhere in the window layer. When he types, nothing shows up on the page in black type. When he taps onto the "Move Tool" arrow, the letters he typed show up on the "T" layer above the "Background" layer. There is no indication the type is on the page. Can you guide me to tell him what he changed please? Thank you again, G P.S. This is what I have a black box with a cursor line blinking. He has just the black box, with no cursor and he cannot see the type on the page.c blinking.jpg

Errr....this is a duplicate of your other thread...where I've answered the question.

Regards.
MrToM.

Hi IamSam,
I did correct the problem for my friend. On a hunch, I tapped the "T" tool. Right clicked the "T" at the top of all of the tools and just above the PS. When doing this, I was given the option to either "Reset Tool" or "Reset All Tools". I suggested to my friend to reset the tool and then he opened a blank page, tapped the "T" tool, the cursor returned as before, and he typed a few letters and those letters showed up on the page. All cured. Thank you for your help. All solved. Maybe someone can work this solution into the forum as a fix for this problem. Thanks again for all of your help. Gary

Thanks for the greeting. Hopefully, I might be able to chime in when the cause is just...

Back