What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SunaUtsu

Hello! I am quite new to photoshop and have been experimenting with many glitching techniques over the past few weeks for my art gcse... I recently came upon a photograph and cannot figure out how to edit a photograph like this... 0C02B1E5-22E0-41EA-A10C-54C3FCD8A4B4.png
could someone pls give me some tips for those multi coloured squares and lines? Thank you

sousou707

Sorry I can't be helpful because I've never seen this on Photoshop, but it makes a quite interesting and beautiful piece of art.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome. If your looking to recreate the exact same style of glitch lines, your in for a very long and drawn out process. These lines are not only multicolored, but they all possess tonal gradations and striations.
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 9.56.06 AM.png
Not only do we see tonal variations but also congruent multi directional changes...
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 9.59.16 AM.png

Simply put, there is no easy way to do this. I have ideas, but none that I'm willing to take the time and effort to explain to someone with very little experience with Photoshop. If you were an advanced user of many years I could get you in the ballpark. But as a newbie, I think you have bitten off way more than you can chew. The Gradient Tool would be good for you to learn............it's a vague start.

Sorry I was not more help.

SunaUtsu

wow thank you all for the reply definitely helped with the suggestions!

Hello and welcome. If your looking to recreate the exact same style of glitch lines, your in for a very long and drawn out process. These lines are not only multicolored, but they all possess tonal gradations and striations.
View attachment 96917
Not only do we see tonal variations but also congruent multi directional changes...
View attachment 96918

Simply put, there is no easy way to do this. I have ideas, but none that I'm willing to take the time and effort to explain to someone with very little experience with Photoshop. If you were an advanced user of many years I could get you in the ballpark. But as a newbie, I think you have bitten off way more than you can chew. The Gradient Tool would be good for you to learn............it's a vague start.

Sorry I was not more help.

I didn't even notice those tonal variations which just comes to show how much of a noob i am at this... *sigh* thank you anyway and i will definitely practice and experiment alot with those techniques! Thanks once again :silly: