What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold 'Trajan Color' Font Outline On Object

Hi, hope you're doing well!

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 1.39.32 PM.png

I have this that I am working on. I love Trajan Color's gold look. It is gold on one side and darker on the other. Looks amazing. I was trying to get that crisp outline on the hand, so I tried making a huge text layer with very little tracking to create a clipping layer on the stroke layer. No go, couldn't get them close enough. Not to mention the rendering time on 1296px font is crazy. So I thought, maybe if I could make a square using the font I could use that for clipping. I managed to create a bullet point, but that wasn't looking good. I even dabbled in using gold pictures as a clipping layer on it's stroke layer, but they don't look good.

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 1.43.10 PM.png

Any help will be appreciated!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello,

As long as you have the hand itself isolated and on it's own layer, you can add the 'Trajan Color' effect to the hand using a layer style.

You can experiment with making your own layer style or you could possibly find one already in existence by doing a Google search for Gold text layer style for Photoshop.