What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graphic tablets

Mogsy

Hello All,

although I have finally updated my PS to CS5 I'm still stuck in the dark ages using a mouse - As I'm getting more into PS and (hopefully) improving I've realised that to unleash its full potential I need a graphics tablet - Not to mention my aching arms / wrist from using a mouse but that might be just an age thing ;)

I'm thinking of getting a Wacom CTL-460 Bamboo one (reviews I've seen have been good up to now), has anyone else got one of these or any other similiar/other models that they could recommend?

Thanks in advance

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hi mogsy. My daughter uses that for her design works. It's good .

Off course, if you're really looking for a good one - INTUOS & CINTIQ . Pricey, tho......

Mogsy

Thanks mate, I'm hovering over the "buy" button now so think I'll get that one for now and in the future invest in one of the Intuos ones, had a look at those before but yeah... Pricey

thanks again

Steve

Retired Administrator
I have an Intuos4 and a Bamboo Touch which I think is the same one you're looking at minus the touch feature.
They're on different desks for different computers but I like them both.

The Intuos is larger and that's a big advantage but any tablet is better than the mouse.

Mogsy

Thanks Steve, yeah sick of using a mouse

I bought it from Ebay dv8 - £35.00 - but no extras, still cheaper than the main UK retailers though

iDad

Guru
Wife bought me the Intuos4 only familiar with that but I love it, no need to experiment with others Intuos4 rocks!

iDad

Guru
I've seen those works by him that's pure talent!

tina jane

I got that for her 2 months ago at Amazon... $95++ .... with free extra styluses, case and 1 design book.

HappyGuy

This is really cool! I saw one of these on the TV, some guy using it to sketch a motorcycle.. Is it for Photoshop only? Is it ok to use it using windows OS?

Mogsy

Well, finally got it and have to say... It's great! A bit strange at first, I think I was treating it like a new born baby at first and was quite scared and tense when using it! lol. But now I've relaxed a bit more with it I'm very impressed, bye bye mr mouse :)

Thanks again, as always, for the helpful tips guys