What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guide me to achieve this please

BaluM

Guide me to achieve this please. Hi i attached a transparent image and i would liek to know methods to make such effects.Am sure they used clouds and masked to get that fading and transparent effect? cool one. Please guide me through .
PS: Plz see the attached image on ps then only u can know what am requesting for
PS:I Also attached the psd.

Transparent PNG :

tester.png
PSD :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hf6bmce94ch37c/tester.psd

peta62

Guru
Photoshop ( CC 2015 ) rejects it as not valid document. I tried to download three times. Sorry.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi BaluM

I could download your picture so I extracted our from your image the equivalent Layer Mask and the full image.
Steps i took
- Downloaded your image
- Used Layer > Layer Mask > From Transparency
- Disable Layer Mask
- Added Curves Adjustment Layer to bring out full tonality of original image

The image is shown below as well as the Layer Stack and the settings for the curve adjustment Layer

What you an see is that all you need to do is start for an original image (I suggest using a free stock image site such as https://pixabay.com/
Then add a Layer Mask and make that Layer mask active
Add a Black and White gradient in the mask to duplicate what you see in the original Layer Maks (you could also use a soft brush and paint it in by hand as well)
You could adjust the image with a Curves Adjustment Layer to suit you needs
Save as PNG

Hope this helps

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 4.41.38 PM.png

BaluM

Thank you .But i don think they used that method on the request image. I tried you way of doing it here's the result.

My_effort3.png

This is the Target

tester1.jpg

tester-2.jpg

Last edited:

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi BaluM
The difference in what you created vs what I suggested (though without enough details) was not to create a Black and White gradient over the entire mask area, yet just use the gradient tool start and stop points on the mask to be just the transition area where you want to transition from full opacity to full transparency. The mask that I pulled out of your image looks like the image below. Note the short transition area. (red boundary added manually)

Hope the extra details help

John Wheeler

tester-mask.jpg

Last edited: