What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help on editing picture

d_animality

Hello all, this is officially my first post here, im a new member and i really have no idea on using photoshop, super newbie but sadly thats what i am, so please help me became an expert or atleast more than a newbie :D

i just took pictures of my brother but i want the picture to look very cool and can catch everyone attention. i really have no idea where to start and how to use photoshop, i really like to see people edit their picture from ordinary to extraordinary, it very inspires me to do so but i dont know how to do it, i really hope all the people here can help me on this, here i attach the small version of the picture so people can get what i meant..

so for the picture i attached, i want the background a bit dark where only the lights and a bit white of the car only shown, and i want the lights effect as if it shows who is the important in the picture, sorry if it sounds insane, but thats what i meant..more like the effect on 2nd picture (attached)

Attachments

• Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 14
  • beast_20100305.jpg
    beast_20100305.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 73
wow i relly LOVE the light rays... how did u do that?

but the person in the picture does not really come out of the light... and for the back car.. is it possible to make only the headlights can be seen and the white hood.. the rest are all black... even the plate number are not suppose to be seen.. and the person should look like a star just like the artist... i only know how to take pictures but im very very poor on editing them.. the simplest i used is iphone application which did most of the jobs and i just select which i prefer... i really want to master this like yours :)

i really like it.. please tell me how to do everything :D

Steve thank you for the suggestion, but i really dont know where to start and how.. im sorry for my newbie-ness, i really have no idea how photoshop works.. maybe u can teach me where should i start first, and btw how to make the characters goes out of the picture? and make the face lighting just like the "2nd guy from the right" on picture attached above where the lights on the right are a bit darker than on the left..?

ok ive tried your method Steve, it really works well i really like how we can adjust the lights projection (wow im so impressed that i can do a thing on photoshop :D) ... but when i adjust the light projection to only focus on the headlamp and the character, the light shines so much until the face so bright as if he looks like a holy guy.. LoL kidding :) how to reduce lights on his face and make it like the "2nd guy on the right" ..?

A real quick effort here, but is this something close-ish to what you were looking for? At all?

Attachments

• edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 12
wow!! i like the color u did here... the character is perfect but the back is something not what in my mind... how did u do the color like that? looks reddish yellowish..? that quick effort worth a try.. its amazing.. im so noob here can only see what people do for me.. u should teach me that :D thanks!!

this is what ive done.. but i can manage to make the lights follow the red lights i marked... and i want the bright on the face to be more like pros.. please help~ and i want the colour u just did nerdvain and also the light rays u did LRG :D

Attachments

• Picture 088edits.JPG
    Picture 088edits.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 11
Sorry couldnt resist it this pic was screaming out diesel to me lol
View attachment 8924
WOW!! THAT IS SO AMAZING WHAT U DID THERE!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT IS REALLY BEYOND MY EXPECTATION... but i think the hands are glowing too much... can u teach me how to make this!!! please~~~!!! i love it!! but i love the tone on the other hand tho! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Sad thing is mine was probably the simplest of them all make a rough selection of your Brother copy and paste him to a new layer. Then Duplicate the original image desaturate the top version and lower the exposure to pretty much black out the background. On the original version increase the exposure so the highlights are very bright. on the lowered exposure 1 apply a layer mask and using a light beam paint brush paint in black for the basis of the headlights and then use the standard soft brush to paint back in the glow. Then go to filter > unsharp mask and crank the sharpness right up to get the grime like texture bring back in the copy of your brother and lower opacity until you get the balance you like. Then add a blue solid colour adjustment layer and lower the opacity and set blending mode to over lay for the blue effect.

OMG!! u guys are so nice and very good at editing picture... i love how to light rays really spotlighting the character but i notice that the character being cropped out because the leg shows something unnatural...but the rest are quite good.. please teach me.. the picture is getting better to best :D *salute you all*

Sad thing is mine was probably the simplest of them all make a rough selection of your Brother copy and paste him to a new layer. Then Duplicate the original image desaturate the top version and lower the exposure to pretty much black out the background. On the original version increase the exposure so the highlights are very bright. on the lowered exposure 1 apply a layer mask and using a light beam paint brush paint in black for the basis of the headlights and then use the standard soft brush to paint back in the glow. Then go to filter > unsharp mask and crank the sharpness right up to get the grime like texture bring back in the copy of your brother and lower opacity until you get the balance you like. Then add a blue solid colour adjustment layer and lower the opacity and set blending mode to over lay for the blue effect.

All the pictures are very great.. i love them all.. and OMG.. that sure is a lot of work.. i really dont know which is which and how the layer works :( ... i'd like to get a copy of what u did in a higher version and is it possible to make the hands glow reduced like the other hand? u guys all should teach me im so dont know anything.. so embarrassing :(

Back