What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Leopard like eyes please.

andyg333

Hi, I've been working on this picture for a few hours. I can't get the eyes of the guy to look like the eyes of the Leopard. Here is the session file. Please help and send it back to me. Thank you.

-Andy

Attachments

• Half human half leopard final eye colour change phlearn.psd
    7.4 MB · Views: 7

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Andy and welcome to PSG.

I tried to download the .psd file and it was empty. Try uploading just images.

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 9.40.08 AM.png

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
The file downloaded fine for me...

Is this the sort of thing you're after?

Leopard_MT.png

I can run you through it if it is...otherwise....I'll get me coat.

Regards.
MrTom.

andyg333

This is the what I've got so far. Cant match the colour. Also cant get the streaks near the pupils like the leopards eye.

Attachments

• Half human half leopard final eye colour change phlearn.jpg
    Half human half leopard final eye colour change phlearn.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have you been following a tutorial on the human/animal morph?

MrToM

Guru
Looks can be deceiving.

Mine IS the Leopard's eye.

Copied the eye to a new layer, masked out what I didn't want, blended it with the original eye and added a little shadow.
Granted the 'blend' may make it 'look' sharper but thats something you can adjust to taste.

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MrTom, can you post or link me to the image of the female model since I can't upload the .psd file?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks MrTom, that worked just fine. I have the .psd file now.

What I thought would be in the .psd file was the original image of the woman. But I see it's not there.

Seems that you have provided the answer that Andy was looking for, thanks.

andyg333

Looks can be deceiving.

Mine IS the Leopard's eye.

Copied the eye to a new layer, masked out what I didn't want, blended it with the original eye and added a little shadow.
Granted the 'blend' may make it 'look' sharper but thats something you can adjust to taste.

I dont know how to do what you just described. Also, I'd like the streaks near the pupil to be a bit higer in the eye, I see that you've moved the pupil, I painted it there in an attempt to line it up with the leopard eye.

MrToM

Guru
IamSam

No worries mate.

andyg333

I created a circular marquee around the leopards eye....center on the pupil.
I then copied and pasted to a new layer.
I duplicated the 'eye', rotated it 180° and added a mask.
I then painted on the mask in black to hide the bits I didn't need.....the result is nearly a whole 'eye'.
I then duplicated that layer (with mask) and rotated 90° CW.
I then filled the mask with white and again painted in black everything I didn't want....namely everything except the horizontal join between the other two layers.
I repeated this for yet another layer only this time rotating 90° CCW.
Once I had 4 layers each making one complete 'eye' I merged them to into 1 layer.....first 'applying' any masks.
I converted the layer into a smart object and transformed to the right size...using the pupil as the center point.
I set the blend mode to 'Lighter color' to reveal the highlight.
I then 'Stamped Visible' (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E).
I then used the 'Blur' tool to blend in the edges of the Iris with the original eye.
I added two new layers with a single soft black brush stroke just below the upper eyelid and above the lower.
I added masks to these and removed what I didn't want.
I set the blend mode of these layers to 'Soft Light' and changed the opacity to 98% and 58% respectively.

That was all.

Took around 5 mins.

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In order to line up the pupils, you will have lower the Leopards eye or raise the woman's/man's eye. (I see that this could be a man)

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 11.30.57 AM.png

There are several ways to accomplish this. You can try making a selection of either eye with the Rectangular Marquis Tool, hitting Cmd/Cntrl + T to enter free transform mode, then right click and select 'warp' mode, then move the eye.

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 11.34.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 11.34.19 AM.png

Last edited:

andyg333

Thanks for your assistance. Will give it a try. I still have a long way to go to understand the photoshop terminologies, still have to watch many tutorials. Getting this image right will take me a while.