What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help With Making Layers more realistic

maximus01can

Howdy,

Did a little searching through the archives, but so many posts its' sometimes easier just to ask the question. Just wondering about how to make a layer cut from another pic look more part of the background it's being placed on. I try to keep the pics relatively the same size then I'll usually use quick selection tool and get the item outlined how I want, then adjust the "refine edge" settings and drag onto the new background. I can get it to look pretty good messing with the Enhance features including defringe layer and maybe mess with the erase tool a little to feather a little more, but it still seems to look a bit as though it's sitting on top........Any quick and dirty methods to make these layers more part of the origional background would be much appreciated.

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Max

Getting the lighting to match, is usually one of the biggest factors in making a realistic composite.

Back