What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How could I make the same border effect?

Higure

Hi!

I was browsing the web in search of ideas for photo borders/backgrounds and stumbled upon the following (see attachment).

At first I thought it was all done with CSS but, after close look at the source code, realized the border is part of the photos.

Now, even though I'm a terribly basic photoshop user, I know how to make the drop shadow effect.
But the effect used on this image is different. It's like there's different opacity in action on the black border, and I can't recreate the effect (Mac Powerbook + Photoshop CS5).

Any help and advice is welcome!
Larry

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 8
But that is Drop Shadow. Maybe Opacity for effect is 100% and angle 45.
Hope you know that to see that Drop Shadow effect you need it on separate layer and smaller than image itself.

Hi!

Thanks for answer.
Point is, unless my eyes abuse me (highly possible), it seems the shadow is thicker in the upper left and lower right corners than in the lower left corner.
Is it possible to apply gradients to a drop shadow?

Hmm...i don't see it. I don't know about gradient on directly drop shadow effect. And that "thicker" seeing thing can be because angle of effect isn't 45 then but let's say 35 degree.

Back