What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I change a patterned shirt to a plain one and keep it natural?

Heather Holmes

The man I work for wants a demo cover for a CD. He is wearing a red flannel shirt (it is suppose to be funny/outdoors type cover). The expression he has and every other thing is just perfect but I want to replace the plaid with a color and /or another pattern(such as a dark blue denim). Is it possible to do so without losing the lines/folds of the shirt? I know I can play with the hue/saturation but that still leaves me with the horrible plaid pattern. Any help would be great.

hi

will be a lot helpful if you can post the picture or some image related whit the changes you will like to make.

Only thing i can think right now is try isolating "selecting" the texture or shirt via masking, channels or color so you can work on a separate layer and replace color or pattern on the desired object.

I suggest using the pen tool and copying just the shirt in the image on a new layer, then filling it with your desired color. Then mess around with the fill, opacity or blending modes of the layer.

Back