What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I cut and paste

you'll need to explain, what program are you using, OS?

Use the elliptical marque tool, hold the shift key to make it a circle. If you need to adjust it, use Select-Transform Selection. When you have the selection the way you want it, hit ctrl+j to copy it to a new layer.

When I do that it selects part of the image. If I use ctrl+t (hoping to make the elliptical size bigger around the part of the image I want which is the bird)it then starts to resize and adjust the selection. It never lets me make the circle around the whole thing to cut it out.

Read my reply again..."If you need to adjust it, use Select-Transform Selection."

Make any elliptical selection. Then invoke Select-Transform Selection.
Now make 4 simple moves:
Move the left side of the Transform bounding box up to the leftmost point of the circle.
Move the right side of the Transform bounding box to the rightmost point of the circle.
Move the top side of the Transform bounding box to the topmost point of the circle.
And finally - move the bottom side of the Transform bounding box to the bottom point of the circle.

This way you won't have to manually center the selection around the circle by try and probe. Once you allign the Transform bounding box sides with the uttermost points of the circle the selection will be centered ans sized automatically.

Back