What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I make the airbrush tool more smooth when I save it as an animated GIF?

kittykatklub1

Basically I am having problems with the airbrush tool. When i draw, I draw on Sai Paint tool program and then edit on photoshop as Im not experienced enough to completely draw on photoshop yet. So when editing a picture, I made a simple heart moving animation. I also added two light pink hearts with an airbrush tool and saved it with 'save for web and devices' (Btw, Im using Photoshop CS4) Only, when I uploaded it on an art sharing website, it turned out like this:
CUPCAKE HOPE WORKS.gif
The heart is weirdly blurred which isnt that nice.
I achieved what I wanted in an earlier picture I made, but unfortunately, I forgot and there is not proof or clue to what I did when I went back to it.
I also used the normal soft brush and air brush tool and tried all possibilities on both, yet none of them worked. What I tried so far is to change the opacity of the layer. I changed it to both 80 then 45 but nothing worked. Please help me? :neutral:

~~~

I tried uploading/attaching a non moving one, but it seems fine. Im so confused!

Attachments

• Cupcake final.png
    Cupcake final.png
    53 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Might help to save it as a non animated .gif first then share what you mean, it's hard for me to even see what your talking about with it moving so fast... If your talking about it looking pixelated and no color, it looks like you didn't save it with any colors... It looks pixelated because there is supposed to be a color pink filling in the blank pixels..

Tron

Guru
When you save the .gif how many colors are you allowing? Try 256 and see if it helps.

kittykatklub1

Actually, I am using 256. D: I tried leaving a question on other websites but there are still no answers. :\\

iDad

Guru
it looks to me as though the layer of white hearts may be in the dissolve mode or as tron said

KRF

Power User
This is what it looks like with out the animation, and a black background,

Maybe this will help someone anser the question :), the parts in white are transpatrent, in the gif, just the jpg I uploaded will not show this

View attachment 513

iDad

Guru
Looks like an outer glow in disolve mode

Steve

Retired Administrator
I 'm not following this conversation.
Are we talking about the animated heart, or the two soft background "hearts".

That's the only difference I see between the 2 posts.
I downloaded your png, moved the heart to it's own layer, copied it 2 more times for a total of 3 heart layers, animated it, and saved to 128 colors.
Thais is what I got.

Attachments

• CC1.gif
    CC1.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 17

iDad

Guru
mmmm cupcakes...lol

Neo101

I'm going to assume that you're saving for web, seeing as it's a GIF.

Try fiddling with the Dither settings on the right side of the 'save for web' dialog - A word of warning though: when messing around with the colour and dither settings of GIF files, the filesize gets pushed up DRAMATICALLY, so there will always have to be a balance between quality and filesize/animation speed...