What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to duplicate this effect?

USB King

I'd like to have this plastic look in my arsenal for models to choose the look and feel they want on they're images.

Attachments

• 49b3bee854cfe.jpg
    49b3bee854cfe.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 6
How much experience in PS have you got? Blur everything that isn't an outline, give it as little posterization as possible, copy the layer, plastic wrap it, go to blending options on the plastic wrap layer and lower the opacity. This is just a guess, and am sure there is more to be done, but this should get you on your way to doing it.

USB King

It looks like the plastic wrapping only adds white spots to everything. Diffuse Glow didn't do much of anything. I have a feeling that every inch of this was drawn. With Wacom or not, it seems like some of the features are too drawn and defined. I also tried a bunch of gradients and even painting with a brush. Nothing really comes out the same.
How would you do it?

KrystalDream

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that image is digitally painted. Cool effect though.

Steve

Retired Administrator
It looks like the plastic wrapping only adds white spots to everything. Diffuse Glow didn't do much of anything.

Here's a before and after.
Gaussian on the skin only and Diffuse Glow.

1-portraits.jpg

2-portraits.jpg

Like I said before that plastic look is something above and beyond simple glamor editing and glamor editing is more than what I just did but I just wanted to give you a quick example.

KrystalDream

Nah, you're right, there might be some HDR in it as well.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Probably just tone mapping and not actual HDR photography.

Here's Steve's after with a bit of tone mapping. I'm sure with a bit more time it could look more like the effect you are after:

2-portraits-3.jpg

iDad

Guru
I have a suggestion for you create a blank layer, use one of the light(pin maybe) modes take your paint bucket fill the blank layer with about 20/25%fillWith color just a bit off from here skin play around with shadow effects .some interesting results will follow then select areas on new layer and delete, feather of coarse of and G blur about a pix or