What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to increase the canvas (white background) without streching the picture into 1:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

artner0112

Hi

I have several thousand pictures with different sizes.
For example:
1024x683
3456x5184
550x550 (aspect ratio 1:1)

I want to record the ACTION so that I can Batch process all the pictures by making this canvas 1:1 ratio with white background.
So something like this

1024x683 ------>> 1024x1024
3456x5184 ------>> 5184x5184
550x550 ------>> Not changed (aspect ratio 1:1)

I tried in "Image" - "Canvas Size" to change the size by using Percentage, but I don't know how match the size to the largest height or width of each picture.
I cannot set the size in pixels because all other pictures size are different, so that I can't record it in ACTION Batch process.

Can any one help me please?.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I use CS6

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Re: How to increase the canvas (white background) without streching the picture into

You won't do it with an action alone but try it with this script as well...

View attachment square_canvas_MT_01.zip

To use...

01. CLOSE Photoshop
02. Unzip the script in the scripts folder in your Photoshop installation directory...for Windows 7 that is:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\<Adobe Photoshop Version>\Presets\Scripts

Adjust this to suit your PS version and OS.

03. Restart Photoshop.
04. Open an image.
05. SET BACKGROUND COLOUR TO WHITE. (Or whatever colour you want the extended canvas to be.)
06. Start recording an action.
07. Use FILE > SCRIPTS > square_canvas_MT_01
08. Stop recording the action.

You can now set up a batch routine to use the action which should create a square canvas by running the script.

Regards.
MrToM.

artner0112

Re: How to increase the canvas (white background) without streching the picture into

WOW!! This is EXACTLY what I wanted.
Super fast reply and very easy to understand.
Thank you MrToM! Thank you very much!

MrToM

Guru

No worries.

Regards.
MrToM.

Status
Not open for further replies.