What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make animations?

Carson

Power User
Sorry if I there is a tutorial on this that I didn't see, but could someone post a few tutorials on how to make animations, and what not. I would like to learn to create some of the cool things that I have seen on this site. Like for example, The two in avatar wars post, used animation to animate the others avatar.

Thanks for the help

Yo, Carson... ohhhh, so that's what's up, huh ;D... LOL

There's a lot of tutes out there. But it's your understanding of the basic tools of PS that will help you out.

Open an animated gif in PS to see how it works and to know what will it take to "spice it up". Creating/altering those animated gif takes one part patience and the rest.... INSPIRED LOONINESS . To create them, we either alter the original creator's entire frame sequence or rebuild certain frames with added elements. The end result depends on how much work you put into it . A quick fix can take a few minutes but look very rough.... To make a clean alteration means paying attention to tiny, tiny details within each of the frames you want to alter and takes a bit more time.....

Have fun doing it .... and if you're confident enuff..... Jump into AV and PREPARE TO BE ASSIMILATED.......

iDad... this is for you... WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT..... Come closer to the monitor, come closer.....

Attachments

• iDadGraphicsCooked-teaser.gif
    iDadGraphicsCooked-teaser.gif
    369.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Yo, Carson... ohhhh, so that's what's up, huh ;D... LOL

There's a lot of tutes out there. But it's your understanding of the basic tools of PS that will help you out.

Open an animated gif in PS to see how it works and to know what will it take to "spice it up". Creating/altering those animated gif takes one part patience and the rest.... INSPIRED LOONINESS . To create them, we either alter the original creator's entire frame sequence or rebuild certain frames with added elements. The end result depends on how much work you put into it . A quick fix can take a few minutes but look very rough.... To make a clean alteration means paying attention to tiny, tiny details within each of the frames you want to alter and takes a bit more time.....

Have fun doing it .... and if you're confident enuff..... Jump into AV and PREPARE TO BE ASSIMILATED.......

iDad... this is for you... WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT..... Come closer to the monitor, come closer.....

there is nothing wrong with your monitor............. just a darn lizard running around shorting things out............... bad lizad!

I appreciate it, I have learn't a few smaller things about animation so far. I hope to get time to learn further. My avatar is a small animation :)

Carson you should make it so the eyes stay open longer to make it look more like a blink..just a thought

Carson you should make it so the eyes stay open longer to make it look more like a blink..just a thought

Maybe later, I have a lot of work to do, and I didn't save the Psd file, so I would have to re-animate it. Thanks for the advice :)

He's cute... lol... I agree with iDad.

Sometimes, DELAYS create more impact to an animation. Delay the blink for a couple of seconds. Since you say you might re-do it, go for a little variation..... start with a one eye blink ... then 2 eyes.... and if you're still up to it, animate the sneer..... that would be 10 frames I calculate.

Last edited:

Back