What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make handdrawn script (font) look like it was done on the computer

yeaokwali

Sup guys I have two images here of a script (font) I've hand drawn. I want to know how I'd make it look like it was done on the computer I don't want to change the look of it. Just basically pick one from the lot and make it look clean and high resolution if that makes any sense.

IMG_0139.jpgIMG_0140.jpg

Couple questions: Is this something that's better done in Illustrator vs Photoshop?

I'm assuming this would be as easy as just writing it out with a tablet? If so I really need one lol

yeah a tablet would be a nice option but for example you can draw them with brush, just requires some minute of practice. or write with black tint on a white paper (hard and thick pen is best), scan and select the writing with magic wand tool...

yeah a tablet would be a nice option but for example you can draw them with brush, just requires some minute of practice. or write with black tint on a white paper (hard and thick pen is best), scan and select the writing with magic wand tool...

There's no way to to do this with what I've currently got? There's got to be a way these programs can do everything literally lol. Couldn't I just magic want tool/select one of these and go from there?

There's no way to to do this with what I've currently got? There's got to be a way these programs can do everything literally lol. Couldn't I just magic want tool/select one of these and go from there?

Your colors are so close to each other that it would be difficult to find a tolerance that works properly. But you can try it. What's wrong with redoing it black on white and trying the method I listed above? Of course, if you don't have a tablet, you'll have to scan it in. Otherwise it's drawing with a mouse in PS or Illustrator. Either way, that's not so easy.

not impossible but you will have more troubles achieving good results because of the colors.

Why don't you write this with the pen tool then stroke it with a brush?

Last edited:
Went all the way through the tutorial came out pretty messy View attachment 7166 If I could clean this up I might be on to something

The tutorial was designed for black on white images; is that what you used?
Like Stric9 says, you could use the tools for writing directly in Photoshop. Personally, I never get good results.

Last edited:
sorry that link is for a diff tut.....I just searched google and thats what came up....I glanced over it and thought it would help.

This should be better

sorry that link is for a diff tut.....I just searched google and thats what came up....I glanced over it and thought it would help.

This should be better

I figured out the older tutorial which I'm assuming is all I need to create the path/brush stroke like you did? Still I'll take a look at this vid.

I followed the tutorial to success and its giving me exactly what it promised an outline. Which isn't really a trace per say at least not like the one you did. I'm assuming you used the pen tool? Which wasn't mentioned in the initial link but the guy did use it in the video. Is there anyway you can upload a video? Capture yourself tracing the script? Or give some instructions detailing what you did?

Back