What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to make transparent a colored pictures. Removing Background.

sophia

Hi Gurus,

can anyone help me find a easy way to make transparent of colored pictures, I usually do the manual lasso tool and took me a decade to finish my project. I hope somebody help me. attached is the sample pictures.

Thank you and appreciate all your help;)

Attachments

• D.2__74621.1391805068.1280.1280.jpg
    D.2__74621.1391805068.1280.1280.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 18

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Sophia and welcome to PSG.

The image you posted above is very small and low resolution. Any selection made from this would be very pixelated. Do you have a higher resolution version of this image?

sophia

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply. unfortunately this is the kind of pictures i have that's why I'm having difficulties to make this transparent by using magic wand, I have to manually use the lasso tool. :cry:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah...........your very limited in what you can use to make your selections on an image this small.

I created a hand made layer mask with the Brush Tool. It's a slower but effective technique.
When I was done I used the defringe function to remove the remaining blue edge.

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 10.57.35 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, give me a few minutes to explain!