What's new

How to striaghten certain objects

pshophelp

Hi everyone-

I am a photographer and I am trying to straighten a postcard photo of the Washington Memorial. I want to straighten the memorial without harming the rest of my photo (it is a apature priority photo and I have flowers near my camera and the memorial in the background). So I want to somehow lasso the memorial in the background and straighten it- what is the best way to do this?

Attachments

iDad

Guru
layer from background>shift image a bit then resize fastest way

pshophelp

I need a brief tutorial on how you did that is possible please

step by step

I'll send you a little check name your price:)

I also need to know how to do it without resizing because I lost my flowers on the left side;

iDad

Guru
open your picture in Ps
right click the layer palette you'll see a drop down menu select the first option layer from background> then go to top menu bar >edit?>Tranform> grab the handles and move your image where it needs to be really easy

iDad

Guru
I guess you could either shrink the image to fit or resize the canvas and save as a .gif or .png

pshophelp

Thanks Steve. Yeah I am headed in the warp direction. I should select the area around the memorial. What is the best way to select the area around the memorial like you did above? I create the anchors around the memorial- what is the best way to do that?

pshophelp

ok for all that don't know- you use the polyganol or magnetic lasso to lasso your object, then transform>SKEW. Then you clone in the missing pixels. Kinda time consuming but it doesn't warp your picture or mess it up.