What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to striaghten certain objects

pshophelp

Hi everyone-

I am a photographer and I am trying to straighten a postcard photo of the Washington Memorial. I want to straighten the memorial without harming the rest of my photo (it is a apature priority photo and I have flowers near my camera and the memorial in the background). So I want to somehow lasso the memorial in the background and straighten it- what is the best way to do this?

Attachments

• guruhelp.jpg
    guruhelp.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 28

iDad

Guru
layer from background>shift image a bit then resize fastest way

pshophelp

I need a brief tutorial on how you did that is possible please

step by step

I'll send you a little check name your price:)

I also need to know how to do it without resizing because I lost my flowers on the left side;

iDad

Guru
open your picture in Ps
right click the layer palette you'll see a drop down menu select the first option layer from background> then go to top menu bar >edit?>Tranform> grab the handles and move your image where it needs to be really easy

iDad

Guru
I guess you could either shrink the image to fit or resize the canvas and save as a .gif or .png

pshophelp

Thanks Steve. Yeah I am headed in the warp direction. I should select the area around the memorial. What is the best way to select the area around the memorial like you did above? I create the anchors around the memorial- what is the best way to do that?

pshophelp

ok for all that don't know- you use the polyganol or magnetic lasso to lasso your object, then transform>SKEW. Then you clone in the missing pixels. Kinda time consuming but it doesn't warp your picture or mess it up.