What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to wrap graphic round transparent 3D object

tallon

Hi,

I want to wrap a flat graphic round a 3D cylinder, then make the cylinder totally transparent so I can rotate the graphic to view it at different angles. So far, I'm able to wrap the graphic round a mesh cylinder, but when I put the transparency to zero, the graphic disappears too.

Is there any way I can make the mesh transparent whilst retaining the graphic I've added to it's surface? Or am I doing it the wrong way?

thanks.

hawkeye

Guru
Check - Invisible Geometry in the Map Art window:

Attachments

• MaxthonSnap20170503131408.png
    MaxthonSnap20170503131408.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 22

Eggy

Retired Moderator
In PS 3D here's how to proceed:

Untitled-2.jpg

- Make your cylinder
- load the picture (png I presume) into 'diffuse' and the same picture into 'opacity'.
- Now you'll have your picture wrapped around the cylinder.
- choose your shine, reflection and enable/disable the shadows
- to make the bottom and top texture transparant use the preset pull down selectionbox for materials (top right) and choose a transparant material.
- position the cylinder at will and render

note: I didn't render the example above so there's some texture visible but once rendered you'll have a perfect wrapped image on an invisible cylinder.

Last edited: