What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunting Grounds

Argos

Guru
I'm going to be honest :devilish: , i dind't like that much this one, the sky is pitch black but the mountains and ground are iluminated and bright and with a weird yellow colour that dont know where it comes, the deers having in consideration the distance and the mountains etc have dinosaur dimension XD.

Of course dont be discourage and keep trying that's how you learn, and of course it's only my opinion and could be wrong.

Cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hey Crystal,

This isn't right (in my view).
The first thing is not using panoramic views unless it serves a purpose. A 4:3 ratio is the 'photo' ratio or something like it.
Then you need a focus point in the composite, the main subject.
Also make it big enough to be considered the focus point, otherwise it gets lost in the overall composite.
Choose your pictures carefully in order to make illumination fit because that is the hardest part.

So back to the drawing board...:thumbsup:

Pipsmom

Guru
Thank you so much for that ratio tip as I wasn't sure and got confused which option to choose when I downloaded the file pictures to use.....Anymore tips please list them so I can learn to be better...Back to the drawing board LOL

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That ratio isn't mandatory but its easy and nice.
Sometimes a composite needs an other ratio...

Hi Crystal
It' s good if you create your composite with large images. Your image size is 7776 pixel in width.
But before uploading your work to the forum you have to reduce the image size to approximately 2000 pixel.
Save this size under a new filename only for the forum upload.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-11 um 15.14.06.png
Original image size

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-11 um 15.12.18.png
Reduced for forum upload

HQ_panorama_mountains 2000pixel.jpg
I uploaded the reduced size to show that it works.
Generally forum users don't like links, and prefer to click on images.

Everything about creating a more interesting composite is already mentioned by other members, and I do agree with them.
The positive critique from forum members will help you to improve your PS skills, and I personally look forward to see your next creation.

fredfish

Guru
As always art (which is what you are producing) is subjective. All I can say is genuinely my wife just glanced as the screen while I had your composition up and she said "Ohhh I love that!"

Keep plugging away - as you have shown with your colorizations you have the ability to get better and better - I am really looking forward to future postings.

Cheers

John

Pipsmom

Guru
Thanks a bunch FF....... your wife’s comment made me smile when it’s been a crappy day......I needed that

Thank you so much ChrisDesign, thats a Huge help...... I took a screen shot so I can do just that from now on

Just another thought for reducing a big image so a small image.
I normally reduce the size in 3 steps. This will result in a much better quality.
In your example do the following:

From 7776 pixel reduce to

Sometimes I apply a little 'unsharp masking' in the middle size.
Start with these values. Though never increase the pixel value, rather the percentage value.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-11 um 21.22.31.png

Last edited: