What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas for creating a design that changes appearance thru glasses with red lenses

paulj.ny

We are attempting to create a design for an ad, either print or digital or both preferably, that appears differently when the person viewing the ad puts on a glasses with tinted lenses, like bright red or deep purple. So in the case of using red lenses, we are looking to have icons that clutter the design, with various shades of red, orange and yellow. We would like a message that is hard to decipher until the person viewing the ad puts on glasses with red lenses. Then most of the clutter disappears and the only thing that really appears is the message. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds fun and interesting. I'm going to check into this. Where might a guy find some red lensed glasses?

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
There was this guy sang a song about Rose Colored Glasses..you might want to look him up :rofl:
Sounds fun and interesting. I'm going to check into this. Where might a guy find some red lensed glasses?

paulj.ny

Hello Sam, if you search for "Colorful Premium Silver Metal Aviator Glasses with Color Lens Sunglasses" on Amazon, you will see the glasses I ordered. I received them today and tested the lenses on some dry erase markers and it worked great on orange markers. So I am looking to see how we can do something like that in Photoshop.

paulj.ny

There was this guy sang a song about Rose Colored Glasses..you might want to look him up :rofl:

Yeah, I asked him how to create something in Photoshop that changes in appearance when I put on red colored glasses. He didn't find it funny.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's another.........

"Make your hidden message in 215R/255G/255B.

Add a layer on top set to multiply and fill it with some very busy pattern that fills the whole canvas and set it in 255R/0G/0B.

That's pretty much it. Though if you printed it you might be better of specifying the colors in CYMK 10-15% cyan for the message, 100M/100Y for the pattern

To simulate viewing with a red filter, put a layer on top also set to multiply and fill the entire thing with 255R/0G/0B.

Turn it on and off to see your message appear and disappear.
"

paulj.ny

Here's another.........

"Make your hidden message in 215R/255G/255B.

Add a layer on top set to multiply and fill it with some very busy pattern that fills the whole canvas and set it in 255R/0G/0B.

That's pretty much it. Though if you printed it you might be better of specifying the colors in CYMK 10-15% cyan for the message, 100M/100Y for the pattern

To simulate viewing with a red filter, put a layer on top also set to multiply and fill the entire thing with 255R/0G/0B.

Turn it on and off to see your message appear and disappear.
"

Thanks Sam! You're awesome!

P.S. Yeah, I definitely don't miss the heat. Ugh, 6+ months of >=90 temps...