What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image comparison

ablireo

Hello guys!

I'm currently working on my final paper about lens testing. I want to do a image comparison like this:

R5QRmds.jpg

So I basically want to over lay my two images perfectly and then somehow blend one over the other (in the middle).
I guess for the most of you this is an pretty easy job. :thumbsup: I really appreciate any help and advice. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to PSG.

This is very simple.

Open your image in Ps and duplicate it.
Select the first layer (bottom) and add whatever effect you would like, I used a blur.
Select the the second layer (upper).
Set up your center guides.
Use your Rectangular Marquis Tool to make a selection of half the image.
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.32.54 PM.png

Once you have your selection, create a layer mask by hitting the "add a layer mask" icon located on the bottom left side of the layers panel.
You should now have a layer mask that will hide half of you upper layer and show the (same half) of the bottom layer.
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.33.21 PM.png

Your image will should now look like this.....
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.33.10 PM.png

If you want to reverse which side is blurred, just select the layer mask and hit Cmd/Cntrrl + I to invert.
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.33.52 PM.png

This will reverse the mask, along with the image.
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.33.41 PM.png

By the way, you can remove the guides by going to VIEW > CLEAR GUIDES

You can also add a line down the middle with the Line Tool.
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 10.14.39 PM.png

ablireo - From your request, I couldn't tell if you only wanted a static side-by-side comparison, or a more dynamic comparison where the viewer can put their finger on the dividing line and slide it left and right to adjust the position of the dividing line and view more or less of each image. If that's what you are looking for, it's a lot more complicated than what Sam explained and involves writing some HTML.

HTH,

Tom M

Thank you so much it worked out! Yea it's pretty easy but i didn't know how to cut in exactly in half.

Bildvergleich.jpg

No, no nothing dynamic. :lol:

Back