What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image with white around edges.

jpmacco

I have an image that has a tiny bit of white around the edges of people's hair so it is very difficult to get rid of without erasing the hair. I've tried the erase, magic wand and laso tool but it doesn't get rid of all the white.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Blow it up, apply a new layer and use the clone tool

Yes, do show us the image. If the image is a result of a rough selection, then there will generally be cleanup that's needed. But even if the people are still part of a composition, there are ways to extract the hair. But these methods also remove the background. If that is what you need to achieve there are several ways and tutorials to guide you. Senior S can provide a link to one which I found the easiest, cleanest, and fastest method (and I have tried 5 or 6 tutorials so far). Otherwise, fenix has the right idea with the clone tool. You could also try painting in some of it which is what I would do, combine clone & paint, and maybe a few other tools. Work on a separate layer whatever you do, not directly on the original.

Actually, I did it. I mostly used the eraser tool getting rid of all the white then the clone and brush and smudge tools to fill in the missing hair. It looks fine.

Thanks for your help!

John

Back