What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this PS too? and if so how to?

Mark Beautifull! :perfect: :}

Thanks for the brushes. [excited]

I will give it a try. :)

Thanks Mark, that's great. :}

I love the way you force me to learn Mark! :(|

By the way I have one or two more Logos in mind I would love to know where I could start to recreate them should I'll post them???

regards
s!

[innocent] Like I'm one to pass up on a challenge?...I think not! :)

[confused] 8 layers Mark??? OMIGOD that's totally amazing!!! :} :} :}

I've lost count on my layers only because I've used this 'challenge' to experiment... it's not quite "there" (where I want it to be) but I have to confess that this kind of a challenge really does force me learn in a way that I would never attempt on my own. [honesty]

For now, just let me say that there are way too many layers of 'experimentation' going on in this posting! [innocent]

Wendy
I didn`t even want to post mine results! }:\
My trash basket was very busy. :shocked:
I will try today one more time!

Trust me Lily... this was an exercise in experimentation for me too! ;)

And my "trash basket" was just as full as yours!!! :\

Don't give up girl... there's lots to be learned by taking on a "recreation" challenge like this! [excited]

I love the fact that Mark (theKeeper) challenges us... and believe me, he's not a total ogre! He'll eventually "fess up" on his techniques whilst the rest of us struggle (and in so doing, LEARN)! :D Best learning experience and one that no tutorial can teach you! :perfect:

Here's my attempt. I didn't try the extrusion of the text (yet).

Background plus 5 layers and 1 Curves Adjustment layer.

Good fun tho'. :D :perfect:

Come on Lily, post up, you can trusssst us! [slick] ;)

Al.

:} :} :} Awesome R.A.! %} %} %} But then I expect nothing less from you.... :D :D :D

Background plus 5??? [confused] ... man, I'm spending too much time painting! :(| :(| :(|

;) But learning... and that's why I'm here! :D

Thanks Wendy. It's a case of long experience kicking in and always twiddling.

I couldn't just look at the picture and say : Do this, do that and filter that bit. I still have to figure out certain bits just by experimenting.

That's why these informal challenges are so good. It teaches how to look at something, deconstruct it and figure out how to repeat the effect.

Doing it in fewer layers than anyone else isn't the point scorer here.
I think it should encourage folk to analyse what they have done and see where they might have done too much to achieve an effect, and then improve on their own workflow.

Enough pontificating, this is meant to be fun.
So come on folks, start posting or the secrets of The Keeper shall remain Kept for ever. ;)

Al

Rantin, that looks awesome, and I'm a bit too intimidated to give this one a shot... ;\

Bubble, Don't be daft, read my previous post.

Post what you can do and we'll help out.

Fail to post and You shall be put to the top of my Merciless Foddering List. [sly] [sly] ;)

Al.

Hey wow excellent stuff thus far everyone. :perfect:

I must admit you guys all made your look a lot more like the original than i did. Great job!

I kinda took mine in a different direction.
Guess i don't have as much patience. ;\

Btw... think i should mention that my actual amount of layers is only 5. I forgot to mention that i've intentionally left related layers unMerged because i knew i'd be posting the psd file for anyone who wants to to examine. But you wouldn't see exactly how the image was constructed if i merged a buncha layers huh. hehe [oops]

Anywho... if we could get ONE MORE attempt posted, i'll post the psd file for anyone who wants to look at it. ONE MORE... Lily? [excited]

And Storm... if you have other images you'd like to try and recreate... just post em as challenges in the "Campfire" board. That way they'll be in the proper arena for all to have a go at. ;)

OK . I am going to do it and post it tonight. Trush basket will be out of order. ;) [/b]

In this challange somehow I couldn`t get what I want so : first I used the fonts from the 3d tut ( becouse I even couldn`t get close to the ones from the original pick!!! [stuned] ). Backgraund.... don`t want to say anything I will just post it right now ...before I change my mind.. [honesty] ... and trush can was out of order. :(

Lily Good on ya! Now all we need is the about to be foddered Bubble! [sly] :rofl: :rofl:

Al.

Oh no... look what happens when a person dares to sleep!! Aahhh... I fear it is too late, even if i give this a go now...

Running off in panic to the fodder room...

Lily that loks great. You have a different look from everyone else. Nothin' wrong with that! :perfect:
You clouds look like gas escaping from below the text. Interesting twist. [excited]

Ok so now i'll post my PSD file and whomever wants can examine it. The methods are self explanitory and all is easy to understand through checking out the layers in the file.

If anything is found confusing just tell me. :B

The file is just under 1MB: "Smokey Room Effect"

Back