What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this PS too? and if so how to?

Unbeliveable what you all did here :perfect:
Ok Mark for anyone who will follow me the next one comes into the campfire to start again :D

regards
s!

BTW. I will watch this thread I'm really curious about all the posts here, awesome!

Rantin Al: I think it should encourage folk to analyse what they have done and see where they might have done too much to achieve an effect, and then improve on their own workflow.
:perfect: R.A.!

[stuned] I examined Mark's file and noted that I "work too hard"... experience isn't on my side yet! ;) Thanks for sharing Mark! ;)

:} :} :} Lily!!! That looks fabulous! :perfect:

Ok, I couldn't resist ... thought I'd have a go at this :)

This is V.2 with the 3D text this time. Layer count has gone up a bit! ;)

Al.

Nice work Wendy, almost looks the original.
You paid attention to the original image and didn't avoid the difficult way to make the characters transparent. The smoke doesn't remind me of the clouds filter, which is good too. Good reflections and lens flares make it complete. Well done ;)

Looking great Doug; conving clouds and clean work on the characters. You don't here me complaining

Al, that's some cool shiny text you have there! Instead of copying the original you tried something new and you succeed very well

Thanks G-Man! ;)

:} :} :} Fabulous work Doug, R.A. & Moth!!! :perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

You inspired me to rework my first version...

Beautiful, wbiss!!

:} :} :} :} :} :}

I feel your this image is the closest "hit" yet. Just out of curiosity, how many layers did you use?

:) Thanks Moth for the lovely compliment! :)

To answer your question... waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many layers!!! But then, I'm one of those people that chooses to "paint" as opposed to relying on layer styles.

That having been said, probably at least 20+ layers. But then there's some cheating going on 'cause I did make my own "glitter brushes" in a separate file and 'built the effect up' (then merged layers) independently and applied them.

Regardless, as R.A. once said "it's the END that counts" and not the "means to it" in a case like this.

[innocent] Well, that's what I like to think... as I'm still learning!

wbiss said:
That having been said, probably at least 20+ layers.

[saywhat]

How come you've so much time on your hands that you can spend it making so many layers, Wendy??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Al.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: R.A.!

I'm independtly wealthy... you didn't buy my Ferrari 'cause it was down a "tank"... but someone else did!

:p Now I'm confined to my computer and PS!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wbiss said:
... you didn't buy my Ferrari 'cause it was down a "tank"...

No-one gets away with trying to short-change ME! :p

Half tank of petrol indeed, Cheapskate! :p :p :p

Al. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

R.A.: Half tank of petrol indeed, Cheapskate!
I suppose that I'll never understand you... [innocent] [shhh] I was good for the 1/2 tank
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p :p :p

[/quote] I suppose that I'll never understand you... [/quote]

Wendy, I don't understand myself sometimes, [confused] so you have no chance. :B :rofl: :rofl:

Al.

Thank you all for the compliments. Mark's smoke effects psd helped me understand the importance of a layer set to exclusion for a crystalline transparency effect although ultimately I tackled the challenge in a different manner.

wbiss brought up an interesting point. How many people here used layer effects or filters for their image?

I used layer effects bevel for the bevel in the lettering, clouds/diffuse/liquidfy for the clouds, and lens flare combined with sparke brushes for the lights.

Back