What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Keeping same size text with different fonts.

belvir

Greetings

Im trying to keep size consistency between two different fonts.
Lets say I want all my text to be 5mm but when changing the size different fonts look different in size.

Is there a way to keep the same size without changing all the text to outlines?

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
I wouldnt have thought so because each font is different the only way you could eyeball it is with transform without constraining proportions

ibclare

Queen Bee
I agree with Hoogle there. Totally depends on the style and the designer. This has always been true, even with word processing.

My solution would be to set guideline for top and bottom, adjust size per word relative to the font, (you could use decimals/percentages to attain a closer size) play with spacing, and as Hoogle said, use the transform tool to size it if you want to eyeball it and changing the numbers' size of the font doesn't work well enough for your needs.

IDK if the explanation I give is addressing your question but here is my example image:

fontSize.jpg

Last edited: