What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Layer style changes appearance when saving

bzemer

Hi,
I recently created an file in 72dpi.
I only worked with shapes and layer styles, and then decided I want to change the resolution to 300dpi.
Since the layers are all vector shapes with styles, everything looked great. That is, until I saved the file...

I attached a screen capture followed by a saved copy. As you can see, the saved image is slightly different:

Untitled1.pngUntitled2.png

I searched for solutions and tried everything I know, but nothing worked.
Soon a I merge/ flatten/ save as/ create layer from style etc., it changes the result appearance.

Please advise...
Thanks ahead!

I forgot to mention - the style I used to create the plastic appearance is Bevel/emboss, and the unwanted result is of course the white rectangle.

Hi,
I recently created an file in 72dpi.
I only worked with shapes and layer styles, and then decided I want to change the resolution to 300dpi.
Since the layers are all vector shapes with styles, everything looked great. That is, until I saved the file...

I attached a screen capture followed by a saved copy. As you can see, the saved image is slightly different:

View attachment 8593View attachment 8594

I searched for solutions and tried everything I know, but nothing worked.
Soon a I merge/ flatten/ save as/ create layer from style etc., it changes the result appearance.

Please advise...
Thanks ahead!

That happens to me sometimes too and I haven´t really figured out what it is, but I think it might have something to do with having to rasterize the vector styles, or smart objects before flattening it, or getting rid of layer masks, I know I messed around and got it right by doing something like that, but I still don´t know for sure. :)

Back