What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make a Photo looks more proffessional (with tutorial)

Balkan

My first post on forum :)
Before:
GOtIEbO.jpg

After:
HvQhQSP.jpg

How I made this?
Very easy! You can do it too.
Tutorial(youtube short link):

youtu.be/g4v1h9Aj0a0

You're kidding, right? I see an after that is more blurry, but doesn't happen slowly and subtly, but very abruptly, most non realistic. And I see an image that is unrealistically blue. Have you been doing photography or Photoshop for very long? I'm curious because I think you could learn a lot on the forum. You could also learn a lot standing near the end of that bridge, taking a photo, or just seeing how the background blurs and what part of the bridge is blurred or otherwise. The Piling (or whatever it is called) that is in the foreground has been blurred yet it is a close as the upper part of the bridge which you have not bllurred. I'm interested to hear your explanation of how you chose to make these changes.

You're kidding, right? I see an after that is more blurry, but doesn't happen slowly and subtly, but very abruptly, most non realistic. And I see an image that is unrealistically blue. Have you been doing photography or Photoshop for very long? I'm curious because I think you could learn a lot on the forum. You could also learn a lot standing near the end of that bridge, taking a photo, or just seeing how the background blurs and what part of the bridge is blurred or otherwise. The Piling (or whatever it is called) that is in the foreground has been blurred yet it is a close as the upper part of the bridge which you have not bllurred. I'm interested to hear your explanation of how you chose to make these changes.

Oooh now when you said that I realise my errors and I will try to make better next time.
Yes I have to learn from this forum but that's not bad because learning makes you better. :thumbsup:

And yes :s the piling don't have to be blured.

My first post is failed :(
I promise better quality next time :D

Thank for replay.

It actually looks a lot like the Tilt-shift photography technique to me. The imagery technique of taking a photo of a full size objects with either a tilt shift lens or post processing it, giving it a shallow depth of field to trick the eye into thinking it's a miniature model.

3236731667_732500a0fe_o.jpg
like so.

yours would need a little more blurring to the right hand side, but it would easily pass off as tilt shift processing

Last edited:
Nice effort, i can see what you was trying to achieve but you are going to have to learn to ease off on the power tools within Photoshop's box mate, think about perspective and colour, unless you intended such a rich blue?
Welcome to the site.

Back