What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merging a bunch of files from 1 folder and auto aligning them

Titch Hastings

Hi All

I am new to this forum and would like to say hello! before posting a request.

Ok..on to the request with a little background about me what I am trying to achieve. Basically every week I am in need of getting around 15 PSD files printed on a textile printer. Now the textile printer can print with dimensions of 135 width x unlimited length. The print company requests I send 1 file containing all the artwork.

At the moment I am manually copying and pasting the 15 psd files into a new file with the above dimensions, but this can be time consuming as the files are quite large.

Now Ideally I am looking for a way to either script /create action that will open all the files in one folder and hopefully paste them into different layers, align them in a particular way and then allow me to save the file for printing later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also on a side note a I have a bunch of actions for easily creating repeat patterns which I am willing to share if anyone is interested. They incorporate repeat, half drop repeat, repeat with rotation, and all the other combos.